So yesterday I went to the Good Feet store. I saw the ad on tv, the guy seemed very honest and likable so I went there, we tried on some insoles and I bought some. I wore them around yesterday and by the end of the day I was looking in the mirror thinking about how pretty I am.
I have done that before.
Maybe more as a teenager, when my body and emotions were changing all the time. I think everybody does that. I would sit in front of the mirror everyday, curious about who I am and what I was becoming.
But lately, at age 33, looking in the mirror is not a practice I do often. I look in the mirror when I am brushing my teeth and blow drying my hair but that is about it and it is just very functional looking. "Is my hair okay like this?" "Is that a new zit coming in?"
But last night, and maybe it has something to do with the full moon, but I was looking into myself, discovering who I am again. It felt really good.
I am looking forward to growing into these insoles and growing into myself again.
No comments:
Post a Comment