Saw an old guy with a NAVY hat on today. I was at the hospital with my dad, his heart is giving him trouble. This guy was waiting, like everyone, to be seen. I couldn't help but make assumptions about who he is and what his ideals may be. As soon as he openly started snapping at his wife about trivial things I assumed he may be nervous about his medical condition. I also assumed that he has lived his life "the way he was supposed to." I assumed he was brought up in an atmosphere of patriotism and such. I assumed being in the Navy for a few years was his biggest accomplishment. Bigger than spending his life with his wife. Bigger than having kids.
He has lived his life according to want he thinks he "should" do instead of what he "wants" to do or "believes" he should do. Though his aggressive interactions with his wife it appeared as if he was never told that he matters. He was never loved like everybody deserves to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment