Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Universe

I saw a short clip the other day. You remember when you were a kid and you learned that the planets circled the Sun? Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars then Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, right? There were a few that had kind of wonky trajectories but, you know, for the most part they just circled and the Sun was sort of portrayed as this passive mass that supported the livelihoods of the other planets, right? Well I saw this video the other day and it sort of blew my mind. (I am aware that I use "blew my mind", as does everybody else, way too often, but lets get to the point here.) So the sun is NOT passive. The sun is flying through space at like 70,000 kph and the planets are still circling but they are not passively circling, they are all every active in their objectives. Fascinating. Really, really cool. You should look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment