Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Medicine


Pulsatilla is highly toxic, and produces cardiogenic toxins and oxytoxins which slow the heart in humans. Excess use can lead todiarrhoea, vomiting and convulsions,[4] hypotension and coma.[5] It has been used as a medicine by Native Americans for centuries. Blackfoot Indians used it to induce abortions and childbirth.[4] Pulsatilla should not be taken during pregnancy nor during lactation.[6]
Extracts of Pulsatilla have been used to treat reproductive problems such as premenstrual syndrome and epididymitis.[6] Additional applications of plant extracts include uses as a sedative and for treating coughs.[6] It is also used as an initial ingredient in homeopathic remedies.[6]

I just took some of this, it was sort of sweet and granular and translucent. It excites me to take some thing that can cause diarrhoea and coma, don't ask me, I just like living on the edge sometimes, makes you feel alive. But yes, anyway, I went to the local naturaopath doctor today and that is what she has given me, among other things. I am excited to explore and experiment medicinally these ailments that I have had. Should be exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment